Hair loss is usually related to men, who want to avoid, at all costs, hair loss. But the loss of female hair density has become an evil that affects more and more women, regardless of age.
In this post, we will explain how to get it back.
There are several circumstances that can lead to excessive hair loss… stress, hormonal and emotional swings, aggressive scalp products, or the daily use of irons and dryers can be factors that cause these abnormalities.
As we mentioned earlier, hair loss is becoming more common and already affects 25% of women. As a result, many anti-fall products have appeared in recent years.
When should I worry about my hair loss?
To fight hair loss, it is important to intervene quickly, both in the prevention phase and in the fall phase, but when should I start to worry?
Losing between 50 and 100 hairs a day is completely normal. The problem may come if, when you wake up in the morning, you discover a lot of hair on the pillow and/or if you notice excessive hair loss every time you brush. In any of the cases, you shouldn’t be afraid and we should first of all identify hair loss.
Previously, as we discussed in the beginning of the post, hair loss can have different factors.
- Hair loss in women of hormonal origin
Women have estrogen, a hormone that is the origin of a beautiful and dense long hair. That’s why many women have beautiful hair during pregnancy. On the other hand, the male (androgen) hormones that women also have, although to a lesser extent, are those that do not favor growth. Stress increases the secretion of androgen hormones, creating a hormonal mismatch and causing hair loss.
- Hair loss due to excessive manipulation
Frequent color changes, discolorations, or subjecting our hair to too aggressive treatments can weaken it and dull it. Excessive or daily use of irons and dryers is also one of the most frequent reasons for hair loss in women.
In the event of severe hair loss is lost for a long period of time, it is important, (if possible), to avoid dyeing hair and coloring for a while.
- Hair loss due to lack of vitamin
Like for any aspect of well-being and health, our hair needs a good diet, balanced and rich in vitamins. Hair loss could be caused by lack of vitamins.
How can I prevent hair loss?
While it is true that a large number of cases of hair loss are caused by genetic reasons, there is no prevention treatment for this type of hair loss.
Here are some tips to help you prevent certain types of hair loss.
– Use a hair detangler and avoid pulling when brushing and combing your hair, especially if it is wet. With a wide-toothed comb, you can avoid pulling the hair.
– Avoid strong treatments such as hot curlers, hair straighteners, hot oil and permanent treatments.
– Limit the tension applied to the hair of styles in which elastic bands, buckles and braids are used.
– Ask your doctor if the medicines or supplements you are taking could cause hair loss.
– Protect your hair from sunlight and other sources of ultraviolet light.
– Stop smoking. Some studies have shown a relationship between smoking and baldness.
– Follows a balanced diet based on fruits, legumes, proteins, dairy products, cereals, nuts and top quality oils. In case you can’t take these foods, take special hair food complexes containing biotin, niacin, zinc and vitamins B6, B12, A and E. These supplements will help you, if you have fine hair, give it more strength.
We hope our today’s post helps you to understand woman hair loss in a bit better. If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to consult your doctor and dermatologist to be able to prevent hair loss.
AND follow the tips to prevent premature fall!
See you on the next blog!